This position is suitable for someone wanting long-term casual employment and is
available for 2-3 days a week on a rotating roster
The candidate will have previous experience in all aspects of the front office, previous
management experience, dealing with housekeeping teams and able to assist in
setting up rooms during busy seasons.
The candidate will be responsible for the first point of contact when our guests arrive to the Resort, assisting with check-in/out procedures, keeping a record of occupied and unoccupied rooms, making and confirming reservation bookings, responding to telephone
enquiries and in a friendly manner, to meet the needs of the guests.
The Duties/Responsibilities of a Front Office Receptionist will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service whilst promoting a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Enjoy working with people and using initiative and possess a can-do attitude
- Greet, register and assign rooms to guests ensuring room keys are issued correctly.
- Provide prompt response to all guest enquiries and requests, communicating relevant information to other departments where necessary.
- Make and confirm reservations
- Provide the correct information to guests about the different rooms and facilities around the Resort.
- Have the ability to handle the pressure when busy while possessing the confidence to make decisions and prioritize your tasks to be an efficient team member.
- Be available and able to work rotating shifts – 7 am to 6 pm Mondays to Saturdays including weekends and Public Holiday
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a Hotel or Resort based environment.
- Knowledge of hotel reservations systems (RMS or similar) highly desirable
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbal.
- A friendly and outgoing personality which will be conducive to working within a dynamic
- and professional team.
- Have the passion to work in the Hospitality Industry and a genuine desire to exceed
- guest expectations.
- Strive to uphold the values and aim of Royal Woods Resort Gold Coast.
- Have a full availability and be flexible to work a variety of shifts including, mornings &
- evening shifts weekdays, weekends and Public Holidays as required.
- Position available for starting this week,
Although this is a casual position it is for someone seeking long term employment but not requiring full-time hours
- Students with experience in hotel/apartment front office welcome to apply, this position is not suitable for work visa holders
As much as we’d like to contact everyone but only shortlisted candidates will be
If you feel this position is for you, please click the “Apply” button and attach a detailed
Cover Letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria and a Resume with
Note: If you meet our skill requirements, you will be contacted!
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How many years of experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
Do you own or have regular access to a car?