About Our Company
The Standard Market Company is here to raise your expectations of what a fresh food market should be. The Standard Market Company philosophy: to set a new standard when it comes to food.
We currently have a vacancy for a casual Deli Customer Service Assistant in our Ferry Road Market store, located in The Brickworks Centre, Southport.
In this role, you will be working within a close knit, fun team, providing outstanding service and knowledge in high quality Gourmet products.
What the position involves:
- Providing superior customer service, including packaging products and accepting payments
- Light food preparation duties such as cooking gourmet chickens via our rotisserie oven
- Frequent lifting of loads of up to 20kg
- Using the meat slicer for small goods products
- The merchandising of stock through product displays and store presentation
- Packaging and pricing deli products such as cheeses, chocolates, olives and meat products
- Answering customer enquiries about all products
Skills, Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Past experience within hospitality or food industry A MUST!
- Experience in fast paced departments
- Own reliable transport
- Reliable and hard working with a positive attitude
- Passion for food
- Flexibility with availability between 6am – 6pm, 7 days a week
- Employed and governed by General Retail Industry Award rates
- Extensive on the job training
- 20% in store discount on all products
- Uniform provided
- Great team and work environment